Tuesday, January 31, 2012

AMAZING CrockPot Meal... Chicken Tortilla Soup

Those of you who know me, know how picky I am.  Though I'm a picky eater, I'm a different type of picky than my husband.  I am picky of the quality of my food whereas he is picky on what he will even try.  This soup falls into that category.  Not only did my husband LOVE this soup, but my dad (I only eat homemade Italian food and steak guy) loved it too!  He honestly ate half of what I made in one sitting!  All I'm trying to say is, try it!  You wont be disappointed and its sooooo easy to make!!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
  • 2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans Ro-Tel
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1-2 cups of water
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning

  • tortilla chips
  • sour cream
  • shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese


Put chopped onion, cans of beans, rotel, chicken broth, water, and taco seasoning in CrockPot and stir to mix. Put chicken breasts on top of mixture and make sure they're at least partly submerged in liquid. Cook on high 6-7 hours or low 8-9 hours. Before serving remove the chicken breasts from soup and shred, if needed, (sometimes they'll just fall apart on their own, but sometimes they need some help). Return chicken to CrockPot, stir to combine.

To serve put a few tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl, ladle soup over tortilla chips, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, serve with more chips if you like. Enjoy! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment